The Amazing Race 5
The Amazing Race 5 là mùa thứ năm của truyền hình thực tế của Mỹ cho thấy The Amazing Race. Cuộc đua kỳ thú 5 có sự góp mặt của 11 đội gồm hai đội, với mối quan hệ đã có từ trước, trong một cuộc đua trên toàn thế giới.
|The Amazing Race 5|
|Dẫn chương trình||Phil Keoghan|
|Ngày quay||30/01/2004 |
|Đội vô địch||Chip - Kim|
|Số châu lục đi qua||5|
|Số quốc gia đi qua||12|
|Số thành phố đi qua||14|
|Quãng đường đi||[Chuyển đổi: Số không hợp lệ]|
|Thứ tự mùa|
|The Amazing Race 4 ◄ Mùa này ► The Amazing Race 6|
Mùa này được công chiếu vào ngày 6 tháng 7 năm 2004, với các buổi chiếu hàng tuần vào lúc 8:00 tối EDT, sau đó là phiên bản thứ ba của Big Brother 5. Trận chung kết mùa 2 giờ được phát sóng vào ngày 21 tháng 9 năm 2004.
Cha mẹ đã kết hôn Chip và Kim McAllister là những người chiến thắng trong cuộc đua, và là đội người Mỹ gốc Phi đầu tiên giành chiến thắng trong cuộc thi.
Một DVD cho mùa này đã được phát hành vào ngày 24 tháng 4 năm 2012, thông qua chương trình CreatSpace của Amazon.com.
Sản xuấtSửa đổi
Phát triển và quay phimSửa đổi
Sau khi kết thúc cho The amazing race 4, Chủ tịch và Giám đốc điều hành của CBS Les Moonves nghi ngờ liệu loạt phim này có được tiếp tục nữa hay không. Sau nhiều lần cân nhắc, CBS đã chính thức bắt đầu sản xuất mùa thứ năm của Cuộc đua vào tháng 9 năm 2003. Một số nhà quan sát đã trích dẫn chiến thắng Emmy gần đây của loạt phim là yếu tố đằng sau sự đổi mới của nó. Trong khi CBS tán thành ý tưởng về buổi ra mắt, cuối cùng, nó đã cho ra Phần 5 phát sóng mùa hè để tạo đà cho The Amazing Race 6 trong lịch trình mùa thu.
Mùa này đã giới thiệu hai luật chơi mới cho Cuộc đua: Yeild và hình phạt cho chặng không loại trừ. Yield cho phép một đội buộc một đội khác ngừng chạy đua trong một khoảng thời gian nhất định. Yield có sẵn trên mỗi chặng, mặc dù nó không được phát sóng trên mỗi tập. Hình phạt không loại trừ có nghĩa là các đội cuối cùng trong các chặng không loại trừ đã bị tước bất kỳ khoản tiền nào họ đã tích lũy và không nhận được tiền khi bắt đầu chặng tiếp theo. Đây cũng là mùa đầu tiên chứng kiến số lượng Fast Forwards giảm; chỉ có hai cái có sẵn trong toàn bộ Cuộc đua
During pre-production, the producers moved the Dubai leg of the Race from the originally planned location of Istanbul, Turkey. The reason for this decision has not been disclosed. Istanbul was eventually visited by the Race in The Amazing Race 7. While the producers also moved the Philippine legs from the planned Nhật Bản legs, but it was eventually visited by the Race in The Amazing Race 9.
The Zorb task in Leg 10 was filmed at a New Zealand farm owned by one of Keoghan's friends; prior to the season, Keoghan had experienced rolling in the Zorb from his friend and insisted it be a task on the show.
Marshall and Lance were the first team in Amazing Race history to quit following Marshall's knee injury during the leg 6 Roadblock in Luxor, Ai Cập. When the team arrived at the final Roadblock site after all the other teams had left, the decision was made to give up rather than complete the frustrating 'needle in a haystack' digging task.
Two challenges were edited out of the program since they did not affect team placement. The first was a nut finding Roadblock in the markets of Dubai; the second, a tipi building challenge in Banff, Alberta.
Applications were due on October 8, 2003. Filming began on January 30, 2004 and finished on February 27, 2004.
Following two seasons that featured twelve teams, the contestant pool was reduced to eleven for this season. They included a military man, a dating widowed couple, female twins, a former Big Brother contestant, a team member with dwarfism, and a few beauty pageant queens.
Colin & Christie were engaged on CBS's Early Show. They were invited to participate in The Amazing Race All-Stars, but had to decline due to Christie's pregnancy. They later competed on the thirty-first season.
Colin & Christie gave one of the trips they won on the Race to Dennis & Erika.
Erika became a producer with the show and was on-hand during the Season 12 open casting call in Cabazon, California. Erika is credited with recruiting the show's first and second all-female winning teams, anesthesiologists Nat & Kat, the winners of Season 17, and sisters Kisha & Jen, the winners of Season 18.
Alison of CBS's Big Brother 4 was the first contestant on a previously aired reality show to take part in this Race. Alison later appeared on Big Brother: All Stars and was the first person voted out.
In 2005, Chip, Kim, Charla and Mirna all competed on the Bravo reality series Battle of the Network Reality Stars, along with 28 other individuals from various reality series. Mirna was a member of the winning team.
The show also featured Miss Uruguay Natalia Rodriguez Lassiy, who competed in Miss World 2003, as a greeter at the Uruguay Pit Stop, and Luli Arroyo, the daughter of then-Philippine president, Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo as the local greeter at the Manila Pit Stop.
The following teams participated in the Race, each listed along with their placements in each leg and relationships as identified by the program. Note that this table is not necessarily reflective of all content broadcast on television, owing to the inclusion or exclusion of some data. Placements are listed in finishing order:
|Team||Relationship||Position (by leg)||Roadblocks performed1|
|Bản mẫu:Gold (color)1Bản mẫu:Gold (color)||Bản mẫu:Gold (color)2Bản mẫu:Gold (color)||Bản mẫu:Gold (color)3Bản mẫu:Gold (color)||Bản mẫu:Gold (color)4Bản mẫu:Gold (color)||Bản mẫu:Gold (color)5Bản mẫu:Gold (color)||Bản mẫu:Gold (color)6Bản mẫu:Gold (color)||Bản mẫu:Gold (color)7Bản mẫu:Gold (color)||Bản mẫu:Gold (color)8Bản mẫu:Gold (color)||Bản mẫu:Gold (color)9ƒBản mẫu:Gold (color)||Bản mẫu:Gold (color)10Bản mẫu:Gold (color)||11||12||13|
|Chip & Kim||Married Parents||8th2||8th||7th||1st||4th||2nd||1st||3rd||2nd||4th||1stBản mẫu:Gold (color)||2nd||1st||Chip 10, Kim 1|
|Colin & Christie||Dating||7th||6th||1st||2nd||1stƒ||1st||2nd||1st||1st||1st||4thBản mẫu:Gold (color)||3rd||2nd||Colin 9, Christie 1|
|Brandon & Nicole||Dating/Models||6th||1st||3rd||5th||3rd||4th||4th||2nd||5th||3rd||3rd||1st||3rd||Brandon 10, Nicole 1|
|Linda & Karen||Bowling Moms||3rd||4th||6th||6th||7th||6th||3rd||4th||3rd||2nd||2nd||4th||Linda 4, Karen 6|
|Kami & Karli||Twins||9th2||9th||5th||7th||6th||3rd||5th||5th||4th||5th||Kami 5, Karli 3|
|Charla & Mirna||Cousins||5th||2nd||2nd||4th||2nd||5th||6th||Charla 4, Mirna 2|
|Marshall & Lance||Brothers||2nd||7th||8th||3rd||5th||7th3||Marshall 1, Lance 4|
|Bob & Joyce||Internet Dating Couple||4th||5th||4th||8th||Bob 1, Joyce 2|
|Jim & Marsha||Military Dad & Daughter||10th||3rd||9th||Jim 1, Marsha 1|
|Alison & Donny||Dating||1st||10th||Alison 0, Donny 1|
|Dennis & Erika||Once Engaged||11th||Dennis 0, Erika 0|
- A red team placement indicates that the team was eliminated.
- An underlined blue team placement indicates that the team was the last to arrive at a Pit Stop in a non-elimination leg of the Race. The teams were forced to relinquish all of their money and were not allotted money for the next leg.
- A green ƒ indicates that the team won a Fast Forward clue. If placed next to a leg number, this indicates that the Fast Forward was available for that leg but not used.
- A Bản mẫu:Gold (color) indicates that the team chose to use the Yield; Bản mẫu:Gold (color) indicates the team who received it; Bản mẫu:Gold (color) around the leg number indicates that the Yield for that leg was available but not used.
- ^ The Roadblock count does not include the results of the unaired Roadblock from Leg 8.
- ^a b Chip & Kim and Kami & Karli initially arrived 1st and 2nd, respectively, but they had missed the clue to the Detour, having simply arrived by chance at one of the two options (and successfully completed it). They had to go back and retrieve the clue before checking in, causing them to fall to 8th and 9th, respectively.
- ^ Marshall & Lance, exhausted, injured, working in the dark and already in last place, decided to quit the Race during the Roadblock. This marked the first time ever that host Phil Keoghan had to travel to a Race location to eliminate a team still on the racecourse.
Episode title quotesSửa đổi
Episode titles are often taken from quotes made by the racers.
- "Clearly, I'm More Intelligent than You" – Alison
- "It Turned Ugly Just Now" – Kami
- "I Got Electrocuted" – Charla
- "Who Says Pageant Girls Don't Eat?" – Brandon
- "Are You Good at Puzzles?" – Brandon
- "Why Can't We Get a Camel?" – Marshall
- "Are You Sure This is Safe?" – Nicole
- "I'm Going to Jail" – Colin
- "If You're Going to Whine, Just Shut Up!" – Karen
- "If They're Screwing the Helmet to My Head, It Can't Be Good!" – Linda
- "It's Okay, Run Them Over!" – Christie
- "You've Just Made Me a Millionaire" – Chip
Individual prizes were awarded to the first team to complete a leg.
- Leg 1 - A vacation to Hawaii provided by American Airlines website AA.com.
- Leg 6 - A vacation to exotic Mexico provided by American Airlines website AA.com.
- Leg 7 - A vacation to sunny Mỹ Latinh provided by American Airlines website AA.com.
- Leg 8 - A vacation to sunny Caribbean provided by American Airlines website AA.com.
- Leg 9 - A vacation to exotic Mexico provided by American Airlines website AA.com.
- Leg 10 - A vacation to Europe provided by American Airlines website AA.com.
- Leg 11 - A vacation to Hawaii provided by American Airlines website AA.com.
- Leg 12 - A vacation to sunny Caribbean provided by American Airlines website AA.com.
- Leg 13 - $1,000,000
Race summarySửa đổi
|Di chuyển||Đường hàng không Đường sắt Đường biển Đi xe buýt|
|Dấu hiệu||Lựa chọn kép Vượt rào Nhảy cóc Rào cản Giảm tốc Trạm dừng|
Leg 1 (United States → Uruguay)Sửa đổi
Airdate: July 6, 2004
- Santa Monica, California, Hoa Kỳ (Santa Monica Pier) (Starting Point)
- Bản mẫu:TAR travel Los Angeles (Los Angeles International Airport) to Montevideo, Uruguay (Carrasco International Airport)
- Bản mẫu:TAR travel Montevideo (Carrasco International Airport) to Punta del Este (Bus station)
- Punta del Este (The Hand in the Sand)
- Bản mẫu:TAR travel Gorriti Island (Overnight Rest)
- Bản mẫu:TAR travel Gorriti Island to Punta del Este (Dock)
- Maldonado (José Francisco González Meat Warehouse) Bản mẫu:TAR clue
- Punta del Este (Conrad Hotel) Bản mẫu:TAR clue
- Punta Ballena (Casapueblo) Bản mẫu:TAR clue
The first Detour of the Race was Zips or Chips. In both Detours, teams must get into the Conrad Hotel. In Zips, teams had to ascend into a penthouse of the hotel across and travel by zip-line 210 foot (64 m) above the ground, then take a second zip line 18 stories down to the hotel pool to receive their next clue. In Chips, teams had to play roulette in the hotel casino with 20 chips and would receive their clue if they won a game. If they lost all of their chips, they would have to do the Zips task.
- Additional tasks
- At the Gorriti Island, teams had to search for three different tickets hidden on 11 trees for a 30-minute intervals, starting at 8:00 a.m., 8:30 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. the next day. Once they claimed the ticket, they may not switch another one.
- At the José Francisco González Meat Warehouse, teams had to carry a 55-pound slab of meat, 0,5 dặm (0,80 km)[Chuyển đổi: Số không hợp lệ] from the meat warehouse, then deliver it to La Rosada Carniceria and the butcher will pick up their next clue.
- Additional note
- At the start of the leg, teams were instructed that there would be two flights available to their first destination city: Montevideo, Uruguay. The first flight would carry four teams, the second flight would carry seven teams but would arrive earlier than the first flight.
Leg 2 (Uruguay → Argentina)Sửa đổi
Airdate: July 13, 2004
- Montevideo (Shake Mega Disco)
- Bản mẫu:TAR travel Colonia del Sacramento (Ferry Station) to Buenos Aires, Argentina (Avenida Antártida Argentina (tiếng Tây Ban Nha))
- Buenos Aires (Recoleta Cemetery – Grave of Evita Perón) Bản mẫu:TAR clue
- Bản mẫu:TAR clue Buenos Aires (Recoleta Cemetery and Floralis Genérica or Teatro Lola Membrives (tiếng Tây Ban Nha))
- San Antonio de Areco (La Estancia La Invernada) Bản mẫu:TAR clue
- San Antonio de Areco (La Porteña) Bản mẫu:TAR clue
In this leg's Detour, teams had a choice between Perro or Tango. In Perro, teams must take on the extremely popular job of dog walking. They had to walk eight dogs on a 1 mi (1,6 km) course that began outside the cemetery, while using a provided map to navigate past a series of three checkpoints to their final destination, Floralis Genérica. In Tango, teams had to travel to Teatro Lola Membrives, which was filled with similar-looking tango dancers. Teams were given a photo of a tango dancer and had find the dancer who matched their photo to receive their next clue. If the teams gave the photo to the wrong dancer, the dancer would take it and they would have to get a new picture and try again.
The first Roadblock of the Race was to play a game traditionally played by children in a ranch, ribbon roping. One team member must enter a corral and attempt to remove a bandana from the neck of one of the calves and a gaucho woman would give them their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- At the start of the leg, teams had to find a plastic ball on a dance floor filled with foam and rip the ball open to get the clue inside.
- Upon arriving in Buenos Aires, teams had to find the correct grave of former Argentine first lady Evita Perón inside Recoleta Cemetery to get their next clue.
Leg 3 (Argentina)Sửa đổi
Airdate: July 20, 2004
- Bản mẫu:TAR travel Buenos Aires (Aeroparque Jorge Newbery) to San Carlos de Bariloche (Teniente Luis Candelaria International Airport)
- San Carlos de Bariloche (Civic Center)
- San Carlos de Bariloche (Del Turista Chocolate Factory) Bản mẫu:TAR clue Bản mẫu:TAR clue
- San Carlos de Bariloche (Villa Catedral) Bản mẫu:TAR clue
- Bahia Lopez Bản mẫu:TAR clue
In this leg's Roadblock, one team member to search through 11,000 chocolates (by biting into them) until they located one with a white center. Of these 11,000 chocolates, 20 of them had a white center. When the white center was found, the factory worker would get their next clue.
The Detour of this leg was a choice between Smooth Sailing or Rough Riding. In Smooth Sailing, each team member had to paraglide in tandem with an instructor off the edge of the hill. They would sail 5.000 foot (1.500 m) through the air and back down to the base of the mountain. When they successfully landed, the paraglider would get their next clue. In Rough Riding, each team must ride a mountain bike on a 6 dặm (9,7 km) through a rugged trail course down the mountain. When they had completed the course, they would receive their next clue.
- Additional task
- At the start of the leg, teams had to choose a marked car to drive themselves to Aeroparque Jorge Newbery to catch a domestic flight to San Carlos de Bariloche. Upon arrival, they made their way to the Civic Center and had to find the mayor who would hand them their next clue.
Leg 4 (Argentina → Russia)Sửa đổi
Airdate: July 27, 2004
- Bản mẫu:TAR travel San Carlos de Bariloche (Bariloche Bus Station) to Buenos Aires (Retiro bus station)
- Bản mẫu:TAR travel Buenos Aires (Ministro Pistarini International Airport) to Saint Petersburg, Nga (Pulkovo Airport)
- Saint Petersburg (Battleship Aurora) Bản mẫu:TAR clue
- Bản mẫu:TAR clue Saint Petersburg (SKA hockey rink or Anichkov Palace)
- Saint Petersburg (The Bronze Horseman)
- Pushkin (Old Tower Restaurant) Bản mẫu:TAR clue
- Pushkin (Catherine's Palace) Bản mẫu:TAR clue
The Detour of this leg was a choice between Block 5 Shots or Drink 1 Shot. In Block 5 Shots, teams had to travel to SKA hockey rink, dress up into a professional hockey gear and step to the goal's position to block five slap shots by professional hockey players. If the shots are blocked, a coach would get their next clue. In Drink 1 Shot, teams had to travel to Anichkov Palace where they had to perform a cossack ritual. They would balance a shot glass of vodka on the blade of a saber, and tilt the sword to drink the vodka to their mouth without even dropping the glass. If they've both successfully done the drink, they would receive their next clue.
In this leg's Roadblock, one team member had to eat 1 kilôgam (2,2 lb) of caviar. When the caviar was successfully eaten, a waiter would give them their next clue.
- Additional task
- After completing the Roadblock, teams had to ride in a horse-drawn carriage to the Pit Stop at Catherine's Palace.
Leg 5 (Russia → Egypt)Sửa đổi
Airdate: August 3, 2004
- Bản mẫu:TAR travel Pushkin to Saint Petersburg (Vitebsky Rail Terminal)
- Saint Petersburg (Hermitage Museum)
- Bản mẫu:TAR travel Saint Petersburg (Pulkovo Airport) to Cairo, Ai Cập (Cairo International Airport)
- Cairo (Tower of Cairo)
- Giza (Giza pyramid complex – Osiris Shaft) Bản mẫu:TAR clue Bản mẫu:TAR clue
- Giza (Base of the Pyramid) Bản mẫu:TAR clue
- Giza (Sphinx) Bản mẫu:TAR clue
In this Fast Forward, teams had to go to the Pharaonic Village and find a marked sarcophagus. They have to transport it through the village, across a ferry, and to a temple. Once they handed it over to the priest, they would receive the Fast Forward award.
In the leg's Roadblock, one team member had to descend down a series of ladders into the depths of Osiris Shaft 140 foot (43 m) below sea level. Then, they retrieved a satchel containing a full puzzle pieces, which they had to carry back up the ladder to the surface and presented it to an Egyptologist to get the next clue.
The Detour of this leg was a choice between Rock & Roll or Hump & Ride. In Rock & Roll, teams had to use traditional techniques to transport two rocks weighing approximately 600 pound (270 kg) across an area the size of a football field. Teams had to use round logs underneath a sled like object to move the heavy object. In Hump & Ride, teams had to pick a pair of camels hitched to a cart loaded with carpets from a merchant and drive them through the desert to receive the next clue. The second option (Hump & Ride) was complicated by the fact that it had limited hours of operation and most teams arrived at the Roadblock after it had closed.
- Additional task
- At the Hermitage Museum, teams had to find the painting of The Return of the Prodigal Son by Rembrandt. Once they have found the painting, the curator would hand them their next clue.
- After completing the Roadblock, teams had to use the puzzle pieces in the satchel collected from the Roadblock to build a puzzle on top of a marked area on a map to figure out their next destination. The puzzle had a missing piece which designated the location of their next clue at the base of the Pyramids.
Leg 6 (Egypt)Sửa đổi
Airdate: August 10, 2004
- Giza (Great Pyramids)
- Bản mẫu:TAR travel Cairo (Old Cairo Airport) to Luxor (Luxor International Airport)
- Luxor (Karnak) Bản mẫu:TAR clue
- Bản mẫu:TAR clue Luxor (Nile River – Banana Island or Pigeon Farm)
- Luxor (Habu Temple) Bản mẫu:TAR clue
- Bản mẫu:TAR travel Luxor (West Nile Ferry Port) to Crocodile Island Bản mẫu:TAR clue
The Detour of this leg was a choice between Herd It or Haul It. In both Detours, teams had to travel on traditional carriage known as a kalesh. In Herd It, teams had to travel to Banana Island and load ten goats into a sailboat and deliver them to a shepherd on the other side of the Nile River in exchange for their next clue. In Haul It, teams travel 3 dặm (4,8 km) to Pigeon Farm. Once there, teams had to use an ancient device to lift water from the Nile river and fill an urn. Then, teams had to transport the urn by donkey to a farmhouse and fill a cistern to a marked line to receive their next clue.
In the leg's Roadblock, one team member had to choose a large dig site and use archeological tools to dig in the sand until they unearthed a scarab, a beetle stone carving which is a part of Egyptian mythology. When the scarab was found, an archeologist would give them their next clue.
- Additional task
- At the Great Pyramids, teams had to descend 350 foot (110 m) through a narrow shaft into a deep claustrophobic cavern known as Creation Room inside the Pyramid to find their next clue.
- Additional note
- Team could take a commercial flight or a charter flight that departed at 11:30 a.m. in order to travel to Luxor.
Leg 7 (Egypt → Kenya → Tanzania)Sửa đổi
Airdate: August 17, 2004
- Bản mẫu:TAR travel Luxor (Luxor International Airport) to Nairobi, Kenya (Jomo Kenyatta International Airport)
- Bản mẫu:TAR travel Nairobi (Jomo Kenyatta International Airport – Z. Boskovic Air Charters) to Kilimanjaro, Tanzania (Kilimanjaro International Airport)
- Bản mẫu:TAR travel Kilimanjaro (Bus station) to Mto wa Mbu, Monduli Bản mẫu:TAR clue Bản mẫu:TAR clue
- Kibaoni (Kavishe Hotel) Bản mẫu:TAR clue
- Lake Manyara (Lookout) Bản mẫu:TAR clue
The Detour on this leg was a choice between Buzzing or Busy. In Buzzing, teams had to travel by bicycle to a local honey farm. There, they had to put on beekeeper suits and work together to harvest 2 kilôgam (4,4 lb) of honey from traditional African hives in order to receive their next clue. In Busy, teams have to find a specific shop, where they have to load two chairs onto a bicycle-driven cart. When the chairs were delivered to a specific address, the house owner would give teams a receipt. Teams then had to return to the shopkeeper and give him the receipt to get their clue.
In this leg's Roadblock, one team member had to crack open an ostrich egg and pour it into a wooden bowl. When the bowl was full, team members had to cook and then eat the egg, which is equal to two dozen chicken eggs, to receive their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- At the Z. Boskovic Air Charters, teams had to sign up for a charter flight to a mystery destination. The flights departed at 8:00 a.m., 8:45 a.m., and 9:30 a.m. and each flight carried two teams.
- After the Roadblock, teams must ride a zip-line known as Flying Fox across a 230 foot (70 m)-deep gorge to proceed to the next Pit Stop, the lookout at Lake Manyara.
- Additional note
- Teams were provided tickets on two EgyptAir flights from Luxor to Cairo. The first flight departed at 7:00 am, and the second flight departed three hours later at 10:00 a.m.
Leg 8 (Tanzania → United Arab Emirates)Sửa đổi
Airdate: August 24, 2004
- Bản mẫu:TAR travel Kilimanjaro (Kilimanjaro International Airport) to Dubai, Các Tiểu Vương quốc Ả Rập Thống nhất (Dubai International Airport)
- Dubai (Burj Al Arab – Helipad)
- Bản mẫu:TAR travel Dubai (Bur Dubai Abra Station to Deira Abra Station) Bản mẫu:TAR clue
- Dubai (Dubai Creek – Abdul Rahman's Dhow) Bản mẫu:TAR clue (Unaired)
- Bản mẫu:TAR clue Margham (Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve – Margham Dunes)
- Margham (Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve – Desert Oasis) Bản mẫu:TAR clue
There was a Roadblock that the team member involved to search through many stalls for a particular kind of nut in a local market. After purchasing some, and then delivering them to a dhow in the nearby harbor, they would receive their next clue. This task was unaired; however, Chip can be seen holding a Roadblock envelope when boarding the dhow.
The Detour was a choice between Off Plane or Off Road. In Off Plane, teams had to travel to the Al Quwain Aero Club and tandem skydive 10.000 foot (3.000 m) with an instructor to a landing site 40 dặm (64 km) in the Margham Dunes. When they had successfully landed in correct zone, they would get their next clue. Each plane would only carry one team, and planes departed 45 minutes apart. In Off Road, teams had to travel directly to the Margham Dunes, where they must drive a marked 4x4 over a 6 dặm (9,7 km) course to the desert and ending at the skydiving landing site. Teams could get stuck in the sand, forcing them to radio for help, which could take a long time.
- Additional tasks
- At Kilimanjaro International Airport, teams had to sign up for one of three designated times on a charter flight to Nairobi. The flights departed at 8:30 a.m., 9:30 a.m., and 10:30 a.m. and each flight carried two teams. From Nairobi, teams had to book onward flights to Dubai.
- After completing the Detour, teams must take a camel and use a GPS navigation system program to guide them to the Pit Stop.
Leg 9 (United Arab Emirates → India)Sửa đổi
Airdate: August 31, 2004
- Dubai (Wild Wadi)
- Bản mẫu:TAR travel Dubai (Dubai International Airport) to Kolkata, Ấn Độ (Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport)
- Kolkata (Sahid Minar) Bản mẫu:TAR clue
- Kolkata (Hindu Temple) Bản mẫu:TAR clue
- Garia (Globe Brick Factory) Bản mẫu:TAR clue
- Bản mẫu:TAR travel Garia to Kolkata (Sealdah Station)
- Bản mẫu:TAR clue Kolkata (Lansdowne Road or Flower market)
- Kolkata (Victoria Memorial) Bản mẫu:TAR clue
The Fast Forward instructed teams to travel 7 dặm (11 km) to a Hindu Temple and engage in a Hindu cleansing ritual that involves shaving the head of all hair. Once both team members were completely bald, they would win the Fast Forward award.
In this leg's Roadblock, one team member had to use a traditional Indian mold to make 20 mud bricks. If the molds weren't filled in the correct way, the bricks would fell apart. Once the factory worker determined that the bricks were all properly formed, teams would receive their next clue.
The Detour was a choice between Heavy but Short or Light but Long. In Heavy but Short, teams had to travel over 10 dặm (16 km) to Lansdowne Road to transport a taxi a half-mile to a local garage, where the owner will hand them their next clue. The taxis had no engines, so teams would have to push the taxi. In Light but Long, teams had to travel to Kolkata's largest flower market to find a particular stall and receive a garland, which they must then release into the Ganges for good luck to receive their next clue.
- Additional task
- At the start of the leg, teams must choose a marked vehicle and drive themselves to Wild Wadi. Upon arrival, both team members had to take a ride down to a free waterfall slide known as Jumeirah Sceirah in order to receive their next clue.
Leg 10 (India → New Zealand)Sửa đổi
Airdate: September 7, 2004
- Bản mẫu:TAR travel Kolkata (Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport) to Auckland, New Zealand (Auckland Airport)
- Rotorua (Rotorua Museum) Bản mẫu:TAR clue
- Bản mẫu:TAR clue Rotorua (Okere Falls or Hell's Gate)
- Paengaroa (Matapara Farms) Bản mẫu:TAR clue Bản mẫu:TAR clue
The Detour of this leg was a choice between Clean or Dirty. In Clean, teams had to drive 13 dặm (21 km) to Okere Falls to put on a protective gear and perform an adventure sport called river sledging on the Kaituna River. With the help of the two guides, teams must complete a 1 dặm (1,6 km) course with only a small board, called a sledge for protection. At the end of the course, the instructor would get their next clue. In Dirty, teams had to travel 10 dặm (16 km) to Hell's Gate and search within the marked area of a bubbling hot mud pit for their next clue.
In the leg's Roadblock, one team member had to inflate a Zorb and ride it down a hillside. At the bottom of the hill, the rider had to walk the Zorb a short distance to cross a finish line, then get out and run to the Pit Stop with his or her teammate.
Leg 11 (New Zealand → Philippines)Sửa đổi
Airdate: September 14, 2004
- Auckland (Westhaven Marina)
- Bản mẫu:TAR clue Bản mẫu:TAR travel Auckland (Auckland Harbour Bridge)
- Bản mẫu:TAR travel Auckland (Auckland Airport) to Manila, Philippines (Ninoy Aquino International Airport)
- Imus (Malagueña Motors) Bản mẫu:TAR clue
- Victoria (Field Behind Giant Duck) Bản mẫu:TAR clue
- Pasay (Coconut Palace) Bản mẫu:TAR clue
In this leg's Roadblock, one team member had travel by boat to Auckland Harbour Bridge and climb a 75 foot (23 m) ladder to the girders beneath the roadway. From there, he or she had to walk along the girders until they retrieved the clue on the other side. They were then lowered to a waiting boat below.
The Detour was a choice between Plow or Fowl. In Plow, teams had to choose a marked field and use an ox-drawn plow to till the soil, until the plow caught on a buried rope attached to a hidden clue. In Fowl, teams had to work together and herd 1,000 ducks from one pen to another 50 thước Anh (46 m) away. The Plow Detour later appeared on Season 25 as a Switchback.
- Additional tasks
- At Westhaven Marina, teams had to find a yacht named Hydroflow and use the marked handles to lower their next clue.
- At Malagueña Motors, teams had to decorate a jeepney with all the provided items to receive their next clue. Teams would then be driven to their next destination in the jeepney they decorated.
Leg 12 (Philippines)Sửa đổi
Airdate: September 21, 2004
- Manila (Rizal Park – José Rizal Monument)
- Pasay (A. Soriano Aviation)
- Bản mẫu:TAR travel Manila (Ninoy Aquino International Airport) to El Nido (El Nido Airport)
- El Nido (El Nido Pier)
- El Nido (Island with the Philippine flag)
- El Nido (Island with clue box) Bản mẫu:TAR clue (Task shown but not indicated as a Detour)
- El Nido (Lagen Wall) Bản mẫu:TAR clue
- El Nido (Lagen Island) Bản mẫu:TAR clue
In the one aired choice for the Detour, teams had to put on snorkel gear and search underwater for one of four giant clams containing their next clue. This Detour was shown as additional task. In this leg's Roadblock, one team member to climb a 150 foot (46 m) Lagen Wall using an ascender. Upon completing the ascent, he/she would get the next clue and rappel down back to his/her partner.
- Additional tasks
- At A. Soriano Aviation, teams must sign up for one of two charter flights to El Nido with each flight carrying two teams that would depart forty-five minutes apart at 10.45 a.m. or 11.30 a.m.
- Upon arrival in El Nido, teams must take a marked jeepney to the El Nido Pier and take a marked boat to a buoy to find their next clue.
- Upon arriving at the islands located near El Nido, teams used binoculars and searched the shore of three islands for an island with the Philippine flag (the others were Czech Republic flag và Equatorial Guinea flag in the other nearby islands). Teams could not ask a guide for help. If teams chose an incorrect island, they had to try again. When the correct flag was found, they got their next clue.
- After completing the Roadblock, teams had to paddle themselves in a kayak to the Pit Stop on Lagen Island.
Leg 13 (Philippines → Canada → United States)Sửa đổi
Airdate: September 21, 2004
- Bản mẫu:TAR travel El Nido (El Nido Airport) to Calgary, Alberta, Canada (Calgary International Airport)
- Banff (Shopping task, unaired)
- Banff (Outside Banff Springs Hotel) Bản mẫu:TAR clue (Unaired)
- Banff National Park (Sunshine Village – Lookout Mountain)
- Calgary (Canada Olympic Park – Olympic cauldron)
- Bản mẫu:TAR clue Calgary (Canada Olympic Park – Bobsleigh, luge and skeleton track or Downhill course)
- Bản mẫu:TAR travel Calgary (Calgary International Airport) to Dallas, Texas, USA (Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport)
- Fort Worth (Fort Worth Stockyards – Cowtown Cattlepen Maze)
- Dallas (Trammell Crow Park) Bản mẫu:TAR clue
The final Detour of the Race was a choice between Slide or Ride. In Slide, teams had to travel to the top of the Olympic luge course, where they would hop into a two-man luge. They had to ride down the course at a wild 40 mph, and had to complete the course in 34 seconds or less. If successful, they would receive their next clue. If they failed, they had to keep trying until they hit the target time. In Ride, teams had to ride mountain bikes through a snow-covered Olympic slalom ski course in three minutes or less. If they could accomplish this, they would receive their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- At the start of the leg, teams had to take a charter flight from El Nido to Manila that departed at 6:30 a.m.
- At the Shopping Center in Banff, teams were given the choice of winter clothing (between a jacket and a pair of gloves). Whatever they chose, they were not allowed to wear the other one for the remainder of their duration in Canada. However, it was unaired.
- At the Lookout Mountain, teams had to hike up a 1.000 foot (300 m) snow slope to Continental Divide. At the top, they would find their next clue.
- At the Fort Worth Stockyards, teams had to go into the giant maze to find 4 wooden boxes with their names on it, each containing a picture of a place previously visited on the Race (for example, the Canada Olympic Park), using the four keys provided on their respective boards. Then they must take the picture, find their way out of the maze and place it on the board. They must repeat the process for the other two locations with pictures, one at a time, in numerical order. The fourth and last given key from the board will open a wooden box which contains another key that will unlock the glass box on the board, which contains their final clue. The broadcast only showed teams looking for one photograph of the Canada Olympic Park and then finding the box with the key.
US ratingsSửa đổi
|1||"Clearly, I'm More Intelligent than You"||6.4||11||4.3/12||10.30|
|2||"It Turned Ugly Just Now"||6.4||11||Không có||10.50|
|3||"I Got Electrocuted"||6.9||12||4.6/13||11.11|
|12||"You've Just Made Me a Millionaire"||8.2||13||5.6/14||12.85|
Tham khảoSửa đổi
- ^ Paulsen, Wade (23 tháng 6 năm 2004). “CBS keeps 'The Amazing Race 5' on summer schedule, changes fall airtime of 'Race 6'”. Reality TV World. Truy cập ngày 29 tháng 12 năm 2007.
- ^ Ryan, Maureen (6 tháng 10 năm 2005). “An interview with Phil Keoghan of "The Amazing Race"”. Chicago Tribune. Truy cập ngày 5 tháng 7 năm 2016.
- ^ a ă Edward Hasbrouck, firstname.lastname@example.org (15 tháng 9 năm 2004). “The Practical Nomad blog: The Amazing Race comes to Canada”. Hasbrouck.org. Truy cập ngày 20 tháng 1 năm 2013.
- ^ Rogers, Steve (15 tháng 9 năm 2003). “CBS begins accepting applications for 'The Amazing Race 5'”. Reality TV World. Truy cập ngày 25 tháng 4 năm 2010.
- ^ “Orange County couple wins ‘The Amazing Race’”. Today. 22 tháng 9 năm 2004. Truy cập ngày 11 tháng 6 năm 2018.
- ^ Ross, Dalton (5 tháng 4 năm 2019). “Meet the Amazing Race season 31 reality all-star teams”. Entertainment Weekly. Truy cập ngày 5 tháng 4 năm 2019.
- ^ “Unaired Leg 8 photo from CBS website (archived)”. Web.archive.org. 10 tháng 12 năm 2004. Bản gốc lưu trữ ngày 10 tháng 12 năm 2004. Truy cập ngày 20 tháng 1 năm 2013.
- ^ “CBS' 'The Amazing Race 5' premiere delivers best ratings since 'The Amazing Race 3' finale”. Reality TV World. 8 tháng 7 năm 2004. Truy cập ngày 18 tháng 2 năm 2014.