Wikipedia:Gõ tiếng Việt/Tiếng Anh
How to use itSửa đổi
The panel you see on each page allows you to choose which input method to type with:
- Automatic (tự động), a combination of the Telex and VNI input methods
- VIQR*, a variant of VIQR that uses
Each input method has its advantages and disadvantages, so AVIM lets each user use the one he or she prefers. There are two additional options:
- Bỏ dấu kiểu cũ allows you to choose the style of Vietnamese orthography you want to write with. The "old" style places accents above the first vowel in words that end in diphthongs, so both
xoa'come out as xóa. If this option is unchecked, both come out as xoá.
- Đúng chính tả works kind of like a spell checker. Say a word does not conform to Vietnamese spelling rules – which typically means it's a foreign word or name. If you have chosen the Telex input method,
asnormally comes out as á, but if the spell-checking option is enabled and you type in
Washington, you will get Washington; if the option is disabled, you will get Wáhington.
|Dot below (nặng)||ạ||j||5||.||.|
|Other diacritical marks|
|Circumflex (mũ)||â||(double vowel)||6||^||^|
|Stroke (gạch ngang)||đ||dd||9||dd||dd|
|(Remove a diacritic)||z||0||-||-|
A diacritic can be added anywhere in the word following its vowel, and the horn is duplicated as necessary for "ươ". For instance, using VIQR, đường can be written ddu+o+`ng, duong+`d, or even dduong+`'`'`.
Aside from the four cookies used by any standard MediaWiki installation –
viwikiUserToken – the Vietnamese Wikipedia uses four additional cookies to store your preferences for AVIM. The settings can be modified under the search box of any page here and contain no personally-identifiable information. In fact, these cookies are used only by the AVIM gadget and are never sent to the server in any form. The four cookies contain the following information:
0if the input method is enabled, or
1if it is disabled
- an integer from 0 to 4, depending on the input method selected (auto, Telex, VNI, VIQR, or VIQR*)
1if "dead keys" only place accent marks on words that conform to Vietnamese spelling rules, or
0if this feature is disabled
1if accent marks are placed on the first vowel in a final diphthong (e.g., xóa), or
0if they are placed on the second vowel (e.g., xoá)
You can delete these cookies at any time; doing so will revert AVIM to its default settings.