Requests for the bot flag should be made on this page. Arabic Wikipedia uses the standard bot policy, and allows global bots and automatic approval for interwiki bots. Other bots should apply below.
- You will need to create an account for your bot with the word bot in the username. Something like YourusernameBot.
- Identify your bot on its user page using the following template:
- Ensure that you have read the bot policy and that your bot is compliant with it.
- Submit your request.
- After posting request. You may be asked to run some short-term tests to make sure the bot gets community approval.
- Once done, your bot can be flagged by an administrator. Once it has been approved and the approver has flagged the bot, the owner must change the template code filled in on the bot's user page with the following code:
Thank you for your interest in helping with this project by running a bot.